From its inception on February 26, 1939, under the guidance of Father Constantine Popoff, the Ladies Aid and Altar Circle has contributed greatly to the material and spiritual wealth of our parish. Originally organized for the purpose of maintaining and beautifying that altar and the church interior, this group has extended its activities to many phases of the life of St. Nicholas parish. It has become a living organ of the church and one of the finest examples of true Orthodox Christian women who many times have laid aside their own pleasures and duties to serve their church and community.
Much of the physical property of the church can be traced to the generous donations of the Ladies Aid and Altar Circle, but the spiritual contribution of the organization to the life of St. Nicholas parish is immeasurable. Most appropriately, the Ladies Aid chose the Myrrh-bearing Women for their “Symbol of Purpose.” The banner, which stands in the church, serves as a constant reminder of the women’s devotion and commitment to the church.